How to compile Qt app with specify version dependency (Linux)

• Hello there,

I'm not sure how to describe it correctly, but I have a following problem.

I need to compile my Qt application with exactly dependency to specific Qt version. Currently when I compile my app on linux and try

@ldd Application@

I'm getting following result

@...
    libQtCore.so.4 => /usr/local/Trolltech/...
    ...@

What I would like to achieve is this:

@libQtCore.so.4.8.2 => /usr/local/Trolltech/...@

The reason for this requirement is a deployment of my app. I would like to distribute my App together with default Qt libraries in one directory. I already updated rpath to APP/libs directory and everything works fine, until I tried to distribute my app to system with newer version of Qt.

In such cases I'm getting a following error:

@Cannot mix incompatible Qt library .....@

Thank you for any suggestions.
    Ludek

• Moderators

Compile statically. Be very careful about licensing, though. You need to make your app licensed under either GPLv3, or commercial.

Alternatively, take a look at how Qt Creator works - it bundles it's own version of Qt libraries on every platform, independent from OS Qt.

• Thank you for reply. Unfortunately I can't use static link because of license restriction. I'm using free version of Qt and I don't want to distribute it under GPL.

I will take a look at Qt creator distribution, but some simpler example would be a better ;-)

Thanks.

• Moderators

No need to examine the whole source code, just take a look at qtcreator.pro and shell scripts used to run it.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.