[Bug] Chrome: Vertical scroll bar always appears in code block

• In Chrome 8.0.552, if I use a code block, the vertical scroll bars always appear, see below

@
    //dummy code line, scroll bar not reqd
    @

• I can reproduce it with Chromium 9.0.576.0 and Arora 0.10.2, but not with Iceweasel (firefox). I gave it a quick check with firebug, and it seems the text is overflow: visible. Should it be overflow: auto? Ah, my CSS skills are rusty.

• I don't see scrollbar under Firefox 3.6.12 (Debian GNU/Linux), but I see it under Chromium.

• [quote author="chetankjain" date="1292000889"]In Chrome 8.0.552, if I use a code block, the vertical scroll bars always appear, see below

@
    //dummy code line, scroll bar not reqd
    @[/quote]

I am able to reproduce it on chrome 8.0.552 on Windows XP

• Firefox 3.6.8 on Windows does not show the scrollbar

• I am able to reproduce on Chrome 8.0.552 on Windows 7
    I do not remember seeing in Chrome 7? But Chrome 8 is the stable version now.

• Is it still possible to get Chrome 7 somewhere?

• My internet provider always hosts noticeably out-of-date packages on their server. Otherwise, probably hard to come by.
    No reason you should stay with 7 though. 8 is the current version, so it should be supported :)

• Yes, Chrome 8 should be supported, but I was looking to check the question of whether it happened with 7.

• Or maybe you can switch to chromium, and you will have 9. ;)

Or even better, switch to Debian and you will have the whole history of packages in case you need to downgrade for some reason.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.