Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Qt5Multimedia windows xp?
i've succesfully ported my application from qt4 to qt5, now using qtmultimedia instead of phonon..
everything works ok, worked ok on other people i sent it using windows 7.
however i tested it on some windows xp machines i have, and the playback does not start (i tried only remote http mp3 source)
seeing the debug output in the windows xp machine, from the QMediaPlayer object the signal stateChanged(QMediaPlayer::State) is emitted, the only state i get is QMediaPlayer::StoppedState .
the signal mediaStatusChanged(QMediaPlayer::MediaStatus) is not ever emitted.
Try a local MP3 file; does that work? How about other media types?
nope, local mp3 and local wav, exactly the same behavior (while in windos 7 these local files played as expected)
well i built it with the mingw version of qt5 (posted here http://qt-project.org/forums/viewreply/108035) and it works (at first didn't play on my machine win7, but i figured it needed these extra 2 dlls for some reason: Qt5MultimediaWidgets, Qt5OpenGL)
now this runs on windows xp fine.
tried again the msvc build with these extra dlls but still the same, not playing.
Hmm... sounds buggy.
Have you tried both of:
Transfer the working program from Windows 7 to Windows XP
Compile the source code directly on Windows XP
If you did and it still doesn't work, please file a bug report at https://bugreports.qt-project.org/
unfortunately i don't have the time for this, maybe another time if i find some windows xp available.
however i just thought that it was some dll missing, though i copied all dlls from the msvc2010/bin folder in the .exe folder and still the same...
with the msvc build if i set the url of an invalid file i just get from the the mediaStatusChanged changed signal the status QMediaPlayer::InvalidMedia.
though with the mingw build the application freezes indefinitely (i have to kill it) and the last thing in the debug is: DirectShowPlayerService::doSetUrlSource: Unresolved error code 800c0006