Qt Ambassador - what is the process?

• I have applied to the program at http://qt.nokia.com/qt-in-use/ambassadors/qtambassador but haven't heard anything since then. Granted it was a few weeks ago.

I got one automatic e-mail confirming that I had applied to the program but that was it.

I don't know if my application just didn't qualify or ...

Setting the expectations is always important for a program like this to succeed. Some kind of timeframe, explanation of the criteria, web site that you could check from time to time... anything so you feel like your applications is being considered...

Any Qt Ambassador care to share how the process works?

• I heard they have so many candidates to evaluate, so it's better to wait more :-)

I did not apply yet, so I don't know if you receive an automatic email.

• At the DevDays, it was said that they are backlogged and it would take some time to catch up with evaluating the applications.

• I also received an automated-response email.

• There is a message about it in the end of today's "post":http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/12/09/call-for-qt-ambassadors/ in Qt Labs Blogs

[quote]Small note: Thanks to all that have applied so far. Sorry, if we haven’t gotten back to you on your application yet.
    We have gotten quite many. Don’t worry. We are on it.
    [/quote]

• One "crazy" idea: they could use the devnet community to help with some kind of pre-selection.

After all who would know better about qt applications than us :)

• @fcrochik: Thanks for the post. We are combing through applications. Over 100 in the pipeline... Yikes.

A word of advice to all applying: the best way to get your application pushed through faster is to provide the following information in your application:

• What does your application do? Detailed.
    • What is so "cool" about it?
    • Which version of Qt does it use?
    • Which Qt modules/libraries does it use?
    • Which OSs does it run on? If mobile/embedded, which form factors?
    • Your application HAS to have a link to a page we can learn more and see screenshots.

This would help us a lot, so we don't have to communicate back and forth with the developer :-)

• interesting..

do i need to resubmit my application again?

[quote author="Katherine " date="1295424305"]@fcrochik: Thanks for the post. We are combing through applications. Over 100 in the pipeline... Yikes.

A word of advice to all applying: the best way to get your application pushed through faster is to provide the following information in your application:

• What does your application do? Detailed.
    • What is so "cool" about it?
    • Which version of Qt does it use?
    • Which Qt modules/libraries does it use?
    • Which OSs does it run on? If mobile/embedded, which form factors?
    • Your application HAS to have a link to a page we can learn more and see screenshots.

This would help us a lot, so we don't have to communicate back and forth with the developer :-)[/quote]

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.