Qt 4.8 for meego harmattan?

• Hello guys,
    I've just started developing for the Nokia N9 and I want to know when Qt 4.8 and QtWebKit 2.2 will be available for it or it's already available?

• Moderators

Jolla might provide that in Mer/ Sailfish. Nokia is not involved in Qt anymore, don't expect any updates.

• Oh... that's so sad :( . By the way, I was thinkin about the default browser on the Nokia N9 and its performances are better than a custom browser that make use of qtwebkit 2.1 ( using qml webview). How is that possible? Does the default browser make use of QtWebkit 2.2 and qt 4.8?

• Moderators

I don't know, sorry.

You might take a look at Qt 4.8.4 I think Harmattan support is still available there, maybe it includes the updates you need (you would probably need to compile from source. I don't really know, never had anything to do with N9). Last version of Qt provided by Nokia in their SDK is 4.8.1.

• Thanks for the help, but I have never build Qt from the source can you tell where how's that possible?

• Moderators

Not for Harmattan. Ask on Harmattan forums or here on devnet.

For desktop OSes, like Linux, it's rather easy:
    ./configure <flags here>
    make install (well, not always)

There are plenty of docs about it here on DevNet.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.