[solved] QObject::children problem

• What is wrong?
    @
    QObject* parentObject;
    QObjectList ol = parentObject->children();
    @

When the parentObject is empty, I got this error:

(Internal error: pc 0xf in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
    (Internal error: pc 0x10 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
    can't find linker symbol for virtual table for QObject' value foundqt_meta_stringdata_QAbstractItemView' instead
    can't find linker symbol for virtual table for QObject' value foundqt_meta_stringdata_QAbstractItemView' instead
    (Internal error: pc 0x10 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
    found `qt_meta_stringdata_QAbstractItemView' instead
    ASSERT: "d" in file c:\Digia\Qt\4.8.3\include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qscopedpointer.h, line 112
    Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.

• Moderators

parentObject is an invalid pointer. You need to create an object with the new keyword and assign it to the pointer.

• Thanks, I've modified the code according to your suggestion.
    But:
    I got the same error message:
    ASSERT: "d" in file c:\Digia\Qt\4.8.3\include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qscopedpointer.h, line 112

• Moderators

Make sure to rerun qmake so that moc picks up your changes.

• [quote author="sierdzio" date="1353932193"]Make sure to rerun qmake so that moc picks up your changes.[/quote]

I made a full clean-up, made a qmake run, made a full rebuild and
    I have no success.
    ('m gonna crayzeeee...)

• Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Solved!
    The problem was in full other place!
    I had an object on the stack, and after the code goes out of scope
    that object is cleared....

• Moderators

Ah, good to know, because I was out of ideas here :)

• Moderators

That's quite strange. Can you make a minimal program that shows that behaviour (e.g. put the buggy code in int main() ) and post it here?

• Moderators

Whoops, too late :) Glad to hear you solved it

• Typical C++ happyness:
    The point of crash and the error message was
    totally misleading (for me) :)
    Thanks to all!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.