Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt5 compiling problem on OSX



  • Hi,

    Following this tutorial:

    http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git

    I can't compile Qt5 on my OSX (Mountain Lion).

    I run into the this problem:
    @In file included from xml/parser/XMLDocumentParser.h:33:
    xml/XMLErrors.h:36:10: fatal error: 'libxml/parser.h' file not found
    #include <libxml/parser.h>
    ^
    1 error generated.
    make[4]: *** [obj/debug/dom/Document.o] Error 1
    make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make[3]: *** [debug-all] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [sub-Target-pri-make_first-ordered] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [sub-Source-WebCore-WebCore-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2
    make: *** [module-qtwebkit-make_first] Error 2
    bash-3.2$ git rev-parse HEAD
    a9e3e72b2ee5ede0ca3ea04912d437230861d8c5
    bash-3.2$ @

    Can anybody suggest me something?

    Thanks in advance

    Mike



  • OK, I finally had some time to go on with that problem and was able to avoid it by
    explicitly using the libxml installed by macport:

    @
    ./configure -developer-build -opensource -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -release
    @

    However, it simple didn't solve the complete problem, because I'm running into linker problems.....

    I would like to try something else; the configure command with the given arguments above uses clang. How can I switch to gcc? It was not clear to me reading the help page, also I didn't found any option to switch of webkit.

    Thanks for you help.

    Mike
    

  • Moderators

    Just remove contents of QtWebkit directory and it will stop compiling :)

    You can choose the mkspecs with -platform or -spec, I don't remember.



  • Hi, ~miketopen!

    Use Qt instead of QuickTime (QT), please.



  • I finally had some time to try to complie Qt 5 again. I used a newer version (4cad9e466784ec54e3cf6f216d3df20ba7a595b0) from the git repository. Fortunatly, with this version
    no further adjustments had to be done on my Mountain Lion. I compiled it with the following three commands:
    @
    ./init-repository -f
    ./configure -prefix $PWD/qtbase -opensource -nomake tests
    make -j 2
    @

    For me the issue is now closed. Thanks to all for your help.

    Bests

    Mike
    

Log in to reply