Mac OSX Mountain Lion Install issues...

• Hi,

So today I wanted to venture off into trying to install Qt on my Mac running OSX Mountain Lion (I have only developed on windows / linux with Qt) and unfortunately I noticed that the SDK has been removed and you have to install everything separately, so I installed the creator just fine.

When downloading the Qt Source 4.8.3 libraries, I mounted the dmg file and clicked the make package, Qt.mpkg and got the following error:

“Qt.mpkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
    Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

Is this a permission issue on my system, or simply has apple locked this out in Mountain Lion? Do I have to run it as root through a terminal? I wish they didn't remove the SDK for LGPL, it made things convenient...

but any who, any ideas?

• Moderators

Don't you have the option to disable this? IIRC, it's simply a matter of unchecking one checkbox in Mac settings.

• If you don't want to make a global change to this as sierdzio suggests, just Ctrl+Click and select "Open" from the shortcut menu. OS X will ask you if you want to open the file and will provide an "Open" button so you can open it anyway.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.