QtCreator, Qt Libraries, linux. Can't find includes

• Hi,
    i'm setting up a project that use another one that must be compiled and require Qts.
    For the occasion i started with a fresh system to try the new versions of both libraries and qtcreator.
    I removed all repositories qt packages and installed qt-libraries in default folders (/usr/local/Trolletch/Qt...) and qtcreator in home.
    i builded a test project all ok.
    Now the problem:
    i tried compiling the project, it asked me of qmake-qt4 so i builded a symlink from qmake to qmake-qt4 (present with the repo stuff but not with the sdk compiled and installed as i did). seemed to work, but at the first code line
    @#include <QWhateverClass> @
    it fails and quit.

Obviously i put the Qt path in PATH in .profile, restarted.
    The project compiled perfectly on a more recent distro with repositories qt. I checked LD_LIBRARY_PATH and @qmake -query@ and all seems ok :/

moreover i don't really know how to remove the sdk to try repo libs (seems i can't install them because some broken dep) and i

bq. System: Ubuntu 10.10 (old but required), Qt-Libraries4.8.3, QtCreator 2.6

Hope you can help me,
    Thank you :)

Edit: i just found that QtLibraries are not the same as the SDK as it was previousy released. So renamed some thing, however i don't think this fit with the problem.

• Moderators

Who asks for qmake-qt4? We never do that in creator...

Maybe you have some old Makefiles or something generated with the ubuntu-Qt installation that tries to regenerate itself. Try cleaning out the generated files and rerun qmake afterwards.

• no it's not QtCreator, it's the project i am trying to compile.
    so is it right to say that calling qmake-qt4 is bad practice right?
    however i could not find a quick fix, so i had to give up soon and used old version of both given project and qt :/
    thank you anyway.

ps: was a cmake project that could not find the includes even if it could find compiled libreries bins or even the includes and compile correctly if using the repository version of Qt.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.