[SOLVED] Qt Creator very slow

• Hi,

I am using Qt 4.7.3 and Qt Creator on a linux hub machine. I was having issues while installing Qt 4.8, so I installed QtSDK with Qt4.7 and QtCreator 2.2.1. This version of Qt Creator runs fine.

Now I want to get the latest release source code of Qt Creator, and compile it. And problems begin - it is very slow.

I have tried to compile Qt Creator 2.4, and it is also slow.
    I have tried to compile Qt Creator 2.2, and - it is fast.

When I say slow, I mean editor is slow. When I want to scroll document down, it takes him around 0.5-1 second to redraw entire screen. In Qt Creator 2.2 it is very fast.

What is wrong. How do I make it run faster. I have tried starting it (in command line) with:

./qtcreator -graphicssystem raster

and (2.6 compiled source) is still slow

When I do:

./qtcreator -graphicssystem opengl

he returns error saying

using visual class 4, id 39
    QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
    QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
    Segmentation fault

How to make Qt Creator 2.6 run fast as 2.2 does?

Regards,
    Petar

• I was able to fix it by using:

./qtcreator -graphicssystem native

it is funny how you fight against the probelm for 2 days, then post a question, then in 5 minutes you figure out the solution.

• I have similar problem with QtCreator 2.6.2 on Windows 7 platform. Working on a file with more than 5000 lines typing text becomes slow motion. One would need to wait for the text to appear. Visual Studio and even Notepad++ (based on Scintilla) is lighting fast even on large files. I have 6 core 3.2Ghz CPU, 16GB RAM and QtCreator is using a nill out of it during runtime. I tried to run with option "-graphicssystem native" but I get an error dialog with available options in which graphicssystem is absent.

Any help how to speed up QtCreator on Windows?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.