QMYSQL driver not loaded (but built)

• I followed this guide (http://www.seppemagiels.com/blog/create-mysql-driver-qt-windows) and built the dlls and .a files. I put them in the spot the guide said (.../qtsources/4.8.1/src/plugins/sqldrivers), my mingw/bin folder, and also my qtsdk/desktop/qt/4.8.1/mingw/bin folder. However, when I run his test application, the only results I'm getting from QSqlDatabase::drivers() are "QSQLITE", "QODBC3", and "QODBC". I'm supposed to be getting a result for QMYSQL. What do I need to do? I tried adding INCLUDEPATH and LIBS in my project.pro file to point to any folder that had the dlls I made, but that didn't change anything.

• Set the following environment variable, and run again. Then, post the debug output.
    @
    QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS = 1
    @

• I have the same problem, I'm compiling the dylib and are already in the right repectoire. But when I compile I get the message Error
    QMYSQL driver not loaded
    QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QODBC QODBC3 QPSQL QPSQL7
    QSqlError(-1, "Driver not loaded", "Driver not loaded")

I'm using Qt 5.0.2 and Qt Creator 2.7.1 for Mac OS X 10.7.5
    Thanks you

• I'm use
    [quote author="Andre" date="1351773160"]Set the following environment variable, and run again. Then, post the debug output.
    @
    QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS = 1
    @[/quote]

And i show this error

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/platforms/libqcocoa.dylib"
    Got keys from plugin meta data ("cocoa")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/platforms/libqminimal.dylib"
    Got keys from plugin meta data ("minimal")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/platforms/libqminimal_debug.dylib"
    Got keys from plugin meta data ("minimal")
    loaded library "/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Carbon"
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib"
    Got keys from plugin meta data ("QSQLITE")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite_debug.dylib"
    Got keys from plugin meta data ("QSQLITE")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib"
    "Cannot load library /Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib: (dlopen(/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib, 5): Library not loaded: libmysqlclient.18.dylib
    Referenced from: /Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib
    Reason: image not found)"
    not a plugin
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib"
    "Cannot load library /Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib: (dlopen(/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib, 5): Library not loaded: libmysqlclient.18.dylib
    Referenced from: /Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib
    Reason: image not found)"
    not a plugin
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlodbc.dylib"
    Got keys from plugin meta data ("QODBC3", "QODBC")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlodbc_debug.dylib"
    Got keys from plugin meta data ("QODBC3", "QODBC")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.dylib"
    Got keys from plugin meta data ("QPSQL7", "QPSQL")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Developer/Qt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql_debug.dylib"
    Got keys from plugin meta data ("QPSQL7", "QPSQL")
    QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
    QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QODBC QODBC3 QPSQL QPSQL7
    QSqlError(-1, "Driver not loaded", "Driver not loaded")

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

The loader can't find libmysqlclient. Do you have it in your PATH ?

• Hi,
    yes, i have.
    It is in the installation folder of MySQL

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Let me rephrase that:

In your PATH environment variable, do you have the path pointing to the folder where libmysqlclient.dylib can be found ?

• No, how can do?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Two possibilities:
    Update you .profile and start QtCreator from the console using :
    @open myproject.pro@

Updated the value in the Run section of the Project panel

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.