[Phonon] typedef Phonon::AudioOutputDevice

• Hi everyone,

In the doc:
    https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/phonon-objectdescription.html#AudioOutputDevice-typedef

it said "virtual outputs like playback on a different computer on the network.". What does that mean?

Could anyone please give me some examples?

I need play a sound to a chat room, is that possible the chat room regarded as the virtual output in the list of AudioOutputDevices?

Thank you,

Cid

• [quote author="cidhuang" date="1351743616"]
    I need play a sound to a chat room, is that possible the chat room regarded as the virtual output in the list of AudioOutputDevices?
    [/quote]

Sorry but I didn't exactly what are you looking for. In general the chats receive a message and then play a sound on the device on which the message is received. Why do you need to play a sound "on a different computer on the network."?

• For example, I am in a voice chat room, like skype. Normally I speak to microphone and those who are in the voice chat room hear what I said. But now I want to play some music for them directly from a music player or my application instead of from the microphone. This is what I need to accomplish. Is it more precise? Any suggestion to do it?

I found Virtual Audio Streaming seems can do this, but it's commercial and close source.

Since Qt is so powerful, hope there is much easier way.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.