Can't build Plug and Paint

• I think I misread the instructions for deploying a Windows application...I thought the instructions were saying I needed to build the Plug and Paint application in order to deploy my own application, but after re-reading the directions many times, I think they are just using the Plug and Paint application as an example...sorry about posting the following post needlessly.

Rich

I'm trying to deploy a Windows program I built in Qt and from the reading I have done it looks like I need to build the Plug and Paint example project to do this. However, every time I try following the directions I've found online (http://doc.qt.digia.com/4.7-snapshot/deployment-windows.html) I get an error that says "ld.exe: cannot find -lpnp_basictools".

In the plugandpaint\plugins folder there are 3 files:
    libpnp_basictools.a
    libpnp_extrafilters.a
    pnp_extrafilters.dll

I've tried editing the basictools.pro file to change this line:
    CONFIG += plugin static

to this:
    CONFIG += plugin

which results in a pnp_basictools.dll being built when I build the plug and paint plugins, but I still get the error.

Any ideas how to resolve this? I'm doing this on an XP box using mingw32-make.

Thanks,
    Rich

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.