Get list of future dates?

• Hi all,

Not sure I am getting any documentation covering this: how can one get future dates in QML?
    I tried to use javascript - not getting me anywhere (see below). it just adds to date string digit "1"...

Either I am missing something but I always thought as easy task as this can't be SO complicated;(((
    @
    function populatefuturedates() {
    var today = new Date()
    var tomorrow = today+1
    }
    @
    [edit, code tags added, koahnig]

• Also tried this below and found that for the current Date() if attempted to get month number it gives me 7 instead of 8...how come??

@function populatemydates() {
    var day0 = new Date()
    var day0month = day0.getMonth()
    var day1 = new Date(day0.getTime()+86400000)
    var day2 = new Date(day1.getTime()+86400000)
    var day3 = new Date(day2.getTime()+86400000)
    var day4 = new Date(day3.getTime()+86400000)
    var day5 = new Date(day4.getTime()+86400000)
    console.log(day0month)
    }@

• Try looking at Javascript documentation: "Date Object":http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_obj_date.asp.
    getMonth() returns value from 0 to 11 so 7 is august.

edit: too late :)

• In JavaScript, the Date object is just a number, which is interpreted as having some particular meaning. Read the ecma262r5 spec for the exact semantics, but I believe that it's the number of milliseconds since some epoch. Whenever you do something like "someObject + 1" the JavaScript engine will say: "can I convert the someObject to a primitive value, to which the +1 operation makes sense?" -- and for Date, the answer is yes (actually, for all objects the answer is yes, although in some cases it's rather arbitrary as to whether you get a string back or a number) - since internally it really is just a number.

If you are writing JavaScript code in QML, it does help to have the ECMA262r5 specification on hand.

Cheers,
    Chris.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.