Running Widgets on Ubuntu

• Hi,
    I compiled qt-web-runtime on Ubuntu.
    How do I run widgets?

I am able to run widgetinstaller, but it doesn't add a .desktop file to my /usr/share/applications
    Is this only for Meego?

I see the widget content is copied to a directory in /usr/share/wrt - how do I run this?

Thanks.

• [quote author="mparaz" date="1290529286"]Hi,
    I compiled qt-web-runtime on Ubuntu.
    How do I run widgets?

I am able to run widgetinstaller, but it doesn't add a .desktop file to my /usr/share/applications
    Is this only for Meego?

I see the widget content is copied to a directory in /usr/share/wrt - how do I run this?

Thanks.[/quote]

I dont use ubuntu. But am confused by reading your post. Are you referring to QWidget ?

• Hi,
    It's not specific to Ubuntu - more like, I'd like to run the qt-web-runtime on a desktop Linux, and not Meego.

No, I'm not referring to QWidget, but web widgets on Qt:
    http://gitorious.org/qt-web-runtime

Thanks.

• mparaz: have you installed? What other steps have you followed?

Just compiling is usually not enough. There is something odd, too, the repository had no commits pushed in the past months. The last one was September according to gitorious.

• Oh, and, from the README file:

bq. QtWRT Build/Installation Guide for MeeGo netbook

This document describes how to build and install QtWRT on MeeGo netbooks.

Oops. :-( Seems to be only for MeeGo, although I suppose if you provide the remaining pieces it should work. I ran the widgetgallery from the Meego Touch Framework by compiling it in a different Linux distribution (Debian in my case).

• Hi,
    Yes I've installed through "qmake install".
    I expected the desktop files to appear in /usr/share/applications - but I guess there's more Meego infrastructure needed to run this.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to build more parts of Meego. If you got it running on Debian, Ubuntu should be possible.

• I've tried to compile the whole thing, but the build fails for me, so I can't give much help here. I found this, though:

@maemo6 {
    CONFIG += meegotouch
    (...)
    wgtdesktop.path = $$INSTALL_PREFIX/share/applications
    wgtdesktop.files = m6/widgetinstaller.desktop
    (...)
    INSTALLS += mime wgtdesktop style
    }
    @

This is in qt-web-runtime/app/widget/platform/maemo/widgetinstaller/widgetinstaller.pro. It seems as if the widget installer was only intended for maemo6. There is also a "m5" (maemo 5), but is not even installed there.

• Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll stop this for now, until other Linux distributions are officially supported.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.