Qt- esc key release issue

• I have an application in which i have a class T derived from X, and X is derived from QWidget class. In class X i have an overwritten key release event handler which treats the esc key code when released by closing the window and performing some actions. If T doesn't overwrite that and enharits the behaviour from X, when i press esc and T is busy handling the key release and performing certain actions, if I press esc again by what handler will it be handled (i get a weird seg fault, and i'm sure it's from my code, but i can't trace where the second esc key release is handled, and I don't have a lot of experience with this framework) thanks in advance :)

• Please just show us your key handing reimplementations... We can't help you trace down what happens without seeing your (relevant) code.

• [quote author="Andre" date="1341920033"]Please just show us your key handing reimplementations... We can't help you trace down what happens without seeing your (relevant) code. [/quote]

ok, i will come with the code soon, thanks for the answer

• [quote author="Slyvr" date="1341929415"]
    [quote author="Andre" date="1341920033"]Please just show us your key handing reimplementations... We can't help you trace down what happens without seeing your (relevant) code. [/quote]

ok, i will come with the code soon, thanks for the answer [/quote]

Yeah, it will be great.

• well the classes are something like
    @
    class T:public X{

class X: public QWidget {
    @
    and the handler in X is
    @
    void X::keyReleaseEvent(QKeyEvent* e){

if(e->key()==X->getEscKeyCode)
    FunctionDoingSomething();

}
    @
    and T just enharits it from X, no modification.

So when it is T, in FunctionDoingSomething(), to be more exact, how will the keyrelease of Esc be treated, because i want to trace it's effect, it goes into segmentation fault

Edit: use @ tags around code sections please, Andre

• bq. @#
    if(e->key()==X->getEscKeyCode)

FunctionDoingSomething();

@

Where does the X-> come from? You probably ment to use X::getEscKeyCode()? Please send a copy of your original source code, as this "pseudo code" does not help to help you.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.