Qt Creator 2.5 keeps quitting (?)

• I am using Qt Creator on Windows 7, and several times a day it apparently just automatically quits on me. I checked the Windows reliability feature and it wasn't listened there as crashing, and it never appears to be a crash as I don't get the standard Windows crashing/hang behavior.

I thought for a while I was accidentally hitting some key combo but I've seen it happen when I wasn't typing anything, but it's almost always after I'm done typing.

Any ideas? I've only been using Qt for a few weeks so maybe I'm doing something strange.

Thanks.

• I lost a file for that reason, fortunately had a backup file in dropbox. I was in fedora 16. After that, I decided to return to the old Qt Creator.

• I've gotten used to just saving as soon as I make any change.

I haven't seen the same behavior on OS X (10.6.8) though.

• Moderators

Qt Creator 2.5 is rock solid here.

It does use a lot of memory for its code model though: Maybe you are simply running into a out-of-memory situation?

• [quote author="Tobias Hunger" date="1339616205"]Maybe you are simply running into a out-of-memory situation?[/quote]

Yes, but I didn't see below message, Qt Creator just crash:
    @
    The program has unexpectedly finished.
    @

• I have the same issue with Qt Creator 2.5 on Windows 7.

It quits without asking anything.

B.A.

• Moderators

bunjee: Did you check whether you are going out-of-memory?

• Tobias: Memory looks okay on my Task Manager. Note that I'm using the -j options on the Mingw compiler.

I just went back to Qt Creator 2.4.1 and I don't seem to auto-quit anymore.

B.A.

• Does Qt Creator generate some type of log that might give clues?

• I upgraded to 2.5 and it was crashing all the time, only when typing, then upgrade to 2.51 and it got worst. it seems is not really a crash, it simply quits.

One hint is that mostly it quits when i touch the arrows keys and in combination with the control key. but i can't see any consistent key combination, but definitively is when you typing

Qt Creator 2.5.1
    Based on Qt 4.8.2 (32 bit)

Built on Jul 25 2012 at 10:25:05
    From revision a4bd79f732

Windows 7 64bits 6 GB total memory 2 GB only used.

Thanks

• Moderators

Please file a bug report then, providing as much information as possible on how to trigger this behavior.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.