Setting an image as the background of th UI

• I am trying to create an appealing UI by setting the background as an image using Qt Creator. Could someone please help me on the steps I am supposed to follow because I am stuck.

• You could set the background brush for the widget, doing something like this:
    @
    QPalette myPalette = palette();
    QBrush windowBrush = myPalette.window();
    windowBrush.setTexture( backGroundPixmap ); // use setTextureImage if the picture is a QImage
    myPalette.setBrush( QPalette::Window, windowBrush );
    @

I did not test this code, so there maybe it does not work just like that. Let me know if you have problems with this.

• I dont think you git me right. I meant how do i set an image like a photo as the background of the UI?

• [quote author="ommz" date="1338242420"]I dont think you git me right. I meant how do i set an image like a photo as the background of the UI?[/quote]

Did you even try what mkuettler proposed? It sounds reasonable.

Apart from that: No, a background image won't make any UI appealing, only cluttered and unprofessional. If that is your goal, go right ahead ;)

• You can also check "Embedded Styles Demonstration":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/demos-embedded-styledemo.html example.

• Do set background image for a ui.
    you need to add resoucre file in the project's floder and add the resorce file name to the .pro file
    (

RESOURCES +=
    resource.qrc
    )

content of resource.qrc

<RCC>
    <qresource prefix="/new/icon">
    <file>imagefilename</file>
    </qresource>
    </RCC>

then go to the ui and select change style sheet

add resource to it
    background-image: url(:/filepath);

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.