[CMake] Windows 8 & Qt

• Hello, today i want reCMake project...first problem with Qt can't found...so i reinstall and again...i don't know why...

Have anyone this problem? CMake told me "Could not find Qt4" but i install Libraries & SDK...or will in near future Qt support Windows 8?

• Moderators

Is qmake (et al.) located in a directory referenced by your PATH environment variable?

• Yes

Last block of Path
    @C:\Qt\4.8.1\bin@

Qmake path:
    @C:\Qt\4.8.1\bin\qmake.exe@

• Dont know anyone?

• I'm trying to compile this qt hello world with cmake (http://cor-net.org/hello-world-in-qt-using-cmake-and-openembedded/) on Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
    Due to the lack of a mkspec for Visual Studio 11, I'm trying it with Visual Studio 2010.
    I'm new to cmake, but it seems that FindQt4 module is not expecting the "Qt: Untested Windows
    version 6.2 detected!" line qt prints:

Could NOT find Qt4 (missing: QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE QT_RCC_EXECUTABLE
    QT_UIC_EXECUTABLE QT_INCLUDE_DIR) (found version "Qt: Untested Windows
    version 6.2 detected!

4.8.0")

Also I don't know why is it necessary to print that line every single time. Once on compile/install time would suffice I guess. I don't know which is easier to patch the module or patch qt.

• I have recently installed Qt SDK on Win7 64-bit. I noticed that under Start>Qt SDK>Desktop is a set of shortcuts to launch terminals that have different environment settings. Variable QTDIR points to different folders with mingw or VS2008 Qt libs etc. So, I hope that is helpful.

However, for my build, that convenience with QTDIR somehow does not propagate into FindQt4.cmake.
    So HTH, but I expect it may not solve your problem.

• The best solution is to create *.bat file which will set environment for you in console window. There must be all environment variables and commands. Try to inherit qmake environment batch.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.