Linker error while accessing static member funtion of QString with /GZ compiler option

• Hi,

I am facing a problem when linking my project with /GZ compiler option.

I followed below steps

1. Created a shared library to include QtCore modules
    2. included QtCore in my cpp file and added QString test = QString::number(5000); to convert number into a QString.
    3. Then added the
      QMAKE_CFLAGS += /Gz
      QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += /Gz
      into the .pro file
    4. Rebuild entire project

There are linker errors for these QString.
    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class QString __stdcall QString::number(int,int)" (_imp?number@QString@@SG?AV1@HH@Z) referenced in function "void __stdcall function(void)" (?function@@YGXXZ)

If I remove above compiler option /GZ from a .pro file it links successfully.
    My observation is accessing all static member functions of a class are giving linker error with this compiler option.
    For Example:
    quint64 g_ulCurrentPID = QCoreApplication::applicationPid();
    Also my project settings include "UNICODE" and "No (/Zc:wchar_t-)". I tried with "treat _wchar_t as default Built-in Type" as Yes. Still I am facing the same problem.

Could you please help to solve this linker error

Thanks & Regards,
    Ramanujam

• Just guessing, but perhaps you should compile Qt itself with this option too for this to work?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.