Building Qt-Mobility 1.2.0 for the ARM processor

• I'd like to get Qt-Mobilty 1.2.0 compiled for the Freescale i.MX ARM processor. I've successfully compiled Qt-4.7.4 for this processor and it runs fine.

For Qt-4.7.4 I have a unique mkspec containing absolute paths to the ARM compiler plus other ARM specific libs/includes/flags, and I invoke configure as:
    "./configure -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++-mx5x"
    ... then the make uses the ARM compiler etc.

For Qt-Mobility by default of course it wants to build for the PC Ubuntu target, but I'm not sure what I need to do to configure or cross-compile build for the ARM, if maybe someone could help with this please. Many thanks.

• Use this option
    -qmake-exec <name> Sets custom binary name for qmake binary
    (default: qmake)
    to set the arm version qmake .

Use this option

-modules <list> ... Restrict list of modules to build (default all supported)
    Choose from: bearer contacts gallery location publishsubscribe
    messaging multimedia systeminfo serviceframework
    sensors versit organizer feedback connectivity
    Modules should be separated by a space and surrounded
    by double quotation. If a selected module depends on other modules

select the modules you want to use.

• Thank you for your useful advice, it was the -qmake-exec option that I needed. From the description of the option, I hadn't realised that this exec name could also contain a path.

For other members with a similar question, the command line I used is:

./configure -release -qmake-exec ~/ltib/rootfs/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.4-mx5x-x11/bin/qmake -prefix /tftpboot/ltib/usr/local/Trolltech/Qtmobile-1.2.0-mx5x -examples -demos

... you'd change these paths to those of your own build and output directories.

• Hi All,

I compiled qt,mobility for arm and when i try to use video element in a qml file with the multimediakit, I get the following error...
    @
    [root@FriendlyARM myprj]# ./myTestProject -qws&
    [root@FriendlyARM myprj]#
    (<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_ref: assertion `object != NULL' failed

(<unknown>:175): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_ref: assertion `object != NULL' failed

(<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_pads_full: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (dest)' failed

(<unknown>:175): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_pads_full: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (dest)' failed

(<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_state: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_state: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_unlink: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (dest)' failed

(<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_remove: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_unlink: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (dest)' failed

(<unknown>:175): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_remove: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed
    @

Any help or ideas...

Thanks

• Dear StevieRG,
    I just simply run ./configure , and get the following errors:

./configure: 1: ./configure: /home/kid/Desktop/Project/MAPs: not found
    Configuring Qt Mobility
    Checking available Qt ... 4.8.1
    ./configure: 1: ./configure: /home/kid/Desktop/Project/MAPs: not found
    Cannot find 'make' or 'gmake' in your PATH
    Aborting.

Can you help me resolve this problem?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.