Error building 4.8.0 from source on Mac OSX Lion

• OSX 10.7.3 with Xcode 4.2, trying to build Qt 4.8.0 from source using "./configure -arch x86" (I'm stuck in 32-bit because of QTKit/QuickTime APIs I need, and the pre-built Qt libs are 64-bit only). I also tried "./configure -arch x86 -arch x86_64" with the same result.

The build was going ok for quite some time (over an hour) but then failed at this point. It seems to be a problem linking "libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib" for i386, but I'm not exactly sure.

Any ideas? Should I update to XCode 4.3 (I've heard its very buggy)? Do I need more options in my Qt configure to get this to work? Thanks!

@
    g++ -headerpad_max_install_names -arch i386 -single_module -dynamiclib -Xarch_i386 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -o libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib .obj/debug-shared/main.o .obj/debug-shared/qsql_mysql.o .obj/debug-shared/moc_qsql_mysql.o -F/Users/jasonlivingston/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0/lib -L/Users/jasonlivingston/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0/lib -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient_r -lpthread -framework QtSql -L/Users/jasonlivingston/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0/lib -F/Users/jasonlivingston/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0/lib -framework QtCore
    ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient_r.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
    Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
    "_mysql_affected_rows", referenced from:
    QMYSQLResult::nextResult() in qsql_mysql.o
    QMYSQLResult::reset(QString const&) in qsql_mysql.o
    @
    [...]
    @
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[4]: *** [../../../../plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib] Error 1
    make[3]: *** [debug-all] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [sub-mysql-make_default] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [sub-sqldrivers-make_default] Error 2
    make: *** [sub-plugins-make_default-ordered] Error 2
    @

• The error message is quite clear here: You're building Qt for (at least) i386 architecture, but the mysql libs are built for some different architecture(s) (probably x86_64). You need to either get mysql for the needed architecture, or build Qt for the architecture of your mysql installation.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.