Cross compiling qt3.3.8 for powerpc

• Hi Everyone,
    I was trying to cross-compile qt-3.3.8 for powerpc. For this I had to do a bit of workaround. Firstly the cross compilers are exported on the shell and I had to create a directory with name linux-powerpc-g++ in mkspecs. I have copied the qmake.conf and qplatforms.h files from linux-g++ directory. I have changed the gcc and g++ compilers with the respective cross-compilers. Now the problem comes into picture when I start building it.

I give ./configure -xplatform linux-powerpc-g++ -platform linux-g++ -thread -dlopen-opengl -prefix /opt/qt3.3

as I want it to build in /opt/qt3.3. Now upon giving make, it stops at error in qtdir/bin/uic: command not found.
    There is no uic file present in bin. but when I compile it for host it doesn't give this error and creates the uic file.

Can anybody please help me to know how this uic file is created in bin.

• Hi everyone,

Now the approach I have taken is. I have unpacked the qt package and created a directory qtx86 in it. I executed the configure command as follows fro this directory
    ../configure -thread -prefix dir

This made me build qt for host x86 machine. Now after this I made the directory linux-powerpc-g++ as written above in the mkspecs directory of package.

After this I made a directory qtppc in the package directory and executed configure as follows
    ../configure -xplatform linux-powerpc-g++ -platform linux-g++ -thread -dlopen-opengl -prefix dir

After this I issued make and eventualy got an error of no uic. I copied the uic from bin of qtx86 to bin of qtppc and again started the make process. This helped me cross-compile qt for powerpc. Now the examples are working fine on powerpc but I am not getting fonts. I see square brackets instead.

Apart from this the qmake genrated in qtppc/bin is not creating the project for powerpc if I give the following command

XXX/qtppc/bin/qmake -project
    in the application's directory. Please if anyone can help me understand these issues and solve it.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.