Adobe PDF Plugin not working under Linux.

• Hi,
    We have the need to display PDF files in our commercial application, so poppler is no way to go. We'd like to use the Adobe PDF plugin, which comes as a part of the Acrobat Reader 9.4 for Linux. We're using Centos 6.2 (also tested on 5.6) and QT 4.8.0. I've modified the fancybrowser example to include:

QWebSettings *ws = QWebSettings::globalSettings();
    ws->setAttribute(QWebSettings::PluginsEnabled, true);

After starting the fancybrowser example, I see:

** (<unknown>:6373): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
    ** (<unknown>:6373): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded

in the terminal Windows. Also with "strace" I see that the nppdf.so plugin is properly located and opened from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. However as soon as I try to open a PDF file, the file is apparently loaded but the screen stays all white!!

Additionally note the following strange things:

• FireFox under Linux can display PDFs without problems using the Adobe plugin.
    • fancybrowser can display youtube videos without problems using the installed Adobe Flash plugin.
    • under Windows fancybrowser works with the Adobe PDF plugin to display PDFs.
    • the "browser" Demo in included in the "qtdemo" application has a page-load error when trying to open PDFs.

Any ideas anyone? I've already spend some hours on this without success....

Thanks // Tom

• I just replicated the same issue with the modified fancy browser running on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I can also confirm that it works on Windows XP.

Anybody out there with success?

• No success with nppdf.so+qtwebkit in Centos either.
    It seemed the only way to view pdf in qtwebkit is by using the Mozplugger plugin

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.