Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Adobe PDF Plugin not working under Linux.

• Hi,
    We have the need to display PDF files in our commercial application, so poppler is no way to go. We'd like to use the Adobe PDF plugin, which comes as a part of the Acrobat Reader 9.4 for Linux. We're using Centos 6.2 (also tested on 5.6) and QT 4.8.0. I've modified the fancybrowser example to include:

QWebSettings *ws = QWebSettings::globalSettings();
    ws->setAttribute(QWebSettings::PluginsEnabled, true);

After starting the fancybrowser example, I see:

** (<unknown>:6373): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
    ** (<unknown>:6373): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded

in the terminal Windows. Also with "strace" I see that the nppdf.so plugin is properly located and opened from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. However as soon as I try to open a PDF file, the file is apparently loaded but the screen stays all white!!

Additionally note the following strange things:

• FireFox under Linux can display PDFs without problems using the Adobe plugin.
    • fancybrowser can display youtube videos without problems using the installed Adobe Flash plugin.
    • under Windows fancybrowser works with the Adobe PDF plugin to display PDFs.
    • the "browser" Demo in included in the "qtdemo" application has a page-load error when trying to open PDFs.

Any ideas anyone? I've already spend some hours on this without success....

Thanks // Tom

• I just replicated the same issue with the modified fancy browser running on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I can also confirm that it works on Windows XP.

Anybody out there with success?

• No success with nppdf.so+qtwebkit in Centos either.
    It seemed the only way to view pdf in qtwebkit is by using the Mozplugger plugin