Problems building qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0 on AIX 5.3 using XLC 10.1

• I've been trying to build qt-everywhere which I need to install ViSit at my site.

But the compile fails:

xlC_r -c -+ -O3 -qthreaded -DQT_STATICPLUGIN -DQDESIGNER_COMPONENTS_LIBRARY -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_SHARED -I../../../../../mkspecs/aix-xlc -I. -I../../../../../include/QtDesigner -I../../../../../include/QtCore -I../../../../../include/QtGui -I../../../../../include/QtXml -I../../../../../include -I. -I.. -I../../lib/components -I../../lib/sdk -I../../lib/extension -I../../lib/uilib -I../../lib/shared -I../propertyeditor -I../../../../shared/qtpropertybrowser -I../../../../shared/qtgradienteditor -I../../../../shared/findwidget -I../objectinspector -I../signalsloteditor -I../formeditor -I../widgetbox -I../buddyeditor -I../taskmenu -I../propertyeditor -I../taskmenu -I../../../../shared/qtpropertybrowser -I../tabordereditor -I.moc/release-shared -I.uic/release-shared -o .obj/release-shared/qtvariantproperty.o ../../../../shared/qtpropertybrowser/qtvariantproperty.cpp
    "../../../../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qbytearray.h", line 578.19: 1540-1103 (W) The address of a local variable or temporary is used in a return expression.
    "../../../../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qmetatype.h", line 174.42: 1540-1109 (S) The use of undefined class "QMetaTypeId2<QIcon>" is not valid.
    "../../../../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qmetatype.h", line 186.5: 1540-0700 (I) The previous message was produced while processing "qRegisterMetaType<QIcon>(const char *, QIcon *)".
    "../../../../shared/qtpropertybrowser/qtvariantproperty.h", line 175.1: 1540-0700 (I) The previous message was produced while processing "QMetaTypeId<QIcon>::qt_metatype_id()".
    gmake: *** [.obj/release-shared/qtvariantproperty.o] Error 1

I've searched this forum and saw a similar question was asked in 2011 but now answer was ever posted. Has anyone sucessfully compile Qt on AIX 5.3 using xlc?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.