Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
C++ GUI Software Engineer Needed in Zürich
Angela Proudfoot last edited by
Fotokite develops autonomous, high-endurance tethered unmanned aerial systems to help firefighters and public safety teams save lives.
Fotokite systems allow first responders to quickly and easily gain situational awareness after arriving at emergency scenes: our autonomous one-touch launch/land system makes operation simple and safe; the dual color and thermal camera payload provides situational awareness from the system’s aerial perspective; and actively tethered flight means the system can be flown without a certified pilot, and can be left flying for as long as the situation requires.
We are currently seeking a C++ GUI Software Engineer helps with internal and customer-facing software development. This position develops software for the tablet that is connected to the Sigma tethered drone system that controls it and allows one to view live video. Works closely with the Computer Vision teams to develop the new and exciting features to satisfy our vision as well as our customer’s needs. Your work, in particular, will support customers with safe and reliable systems in high-impact first responder applications.
- Defines and implements new user-facing features in our tablet application
- Participates in all the stages of the development process - design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance
- Iterates on changes based on user feedback and internal testing
- Works closely with other engineers and designers at Fotokite to architect/design interaction concepts, develop prototypes, and implement user-facing features
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent knowledge of modern C++
- Experience with Qt framework (Qt 5, QML and Qt Quick 2) in cross platform development Windows and Linux
- Experience with video streaming is a plus
- Appreciates the value of code-review and other collaborative development practices
- Works well independently while also being a goal-oriented team player
- Fluency in English is required, any other language is a plus
We require that applicants are eligible to work in Switzerland and are fluent in English. Please submit your CV and cover letter in English only here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Volodymyr14 last edited by
I`m a Python software developer and researcher.
With C / C++ / Qt / QML and Qt Quick experience.