Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to repaint entire visibleRegion - not only a part - when QScrollBar's value is changed

• Hi,

I have QScrollArea and big widget on it. In big widget's paintEvent I paint many things. I notice that, when I change QScrollArea's ScrollBar for example like this:

scrollArea->verticalScrollBar()->setValue(scrollArea->verticalScrollBar()->value()+1);

I don't repaint entire widget's visibleRegion, but only a part. I see that in paintEvent() method:

event->region();

I would like to change entire widget's visibleRegion always.

Of course I can do something like that:

scrollArea->verticalScrollBar()->setValue(scrollArea->verticalScrollBar()->value()+1);
    repaint();

but maybe there is a better idea?

I tried in paintEvent() method something like that:

if(event->region() != visibleRegion())
        {
            event->ignore();
            repaint(visibleRegion());
            return;
        }

But I get warning on debuq:

QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected

• Maybe you can change the clipping with:
    void QPainter::setClipRegion(const QRegion &region, Qt::ClipOperation operation = Qt::ReplaceClip)

BTW what you are trying to do is strange ...

• @mpergand It not works. Why is it strange? I have many if-s statements in paintEvent(), so I many times paint in different way. I have to repaint whole area, not only new part.

• I'm pretty sure that your if statements are wrong.
    It's up to you to redraw all the elements that intersect with the redraw region.