Please nominate your Qt Champions for 2021! https://forum.qt.io/topic/132134/looking-for-the-2021-qt-champions

single bundle (.aab file) with builds for multiple architectures

• Unless I'm mistaken, Play Console requires that you upload a single bundle (.aab file) supporting both armeabi_v7a and arm64_v8a.

In QtCreator I can easily set up these two targets, but each build generates it's own .aab file.

How can I generate a single bundle containing both builds?

• Moderators

Are you using newest Qt and newest Qt Creator? It definitely should work. I have not tried it recently but in the past it was building multiarch .aabs nicely.

• I'm certainly missing something obvious.

I just removed everything and installed again from scratch.

I am presented with bunch of "Kits" to choose, each for a specific architecture. There are four Android kits, armeabi_v7a, arm64_v8a, x86, and x86_64. Each generates a separate .aab bundle containing only that version.

This documentation page have screenshots for CMake and QMake with options to add a list of architectures, but I don't see that in my QtCreator interface. I tried it on Linux and on MacOS, with the same results.

I have just tried to create a project using the QBS build system (which I have not noticed before, and is not mentioned in the docs), and it does have the option to provide a list of architectures, but I gives a bunch of errors when I try to build (one of them is "Module Qt.quick could not be loaded").

• Moderators

Hm, maybe something has changed in newest Qt Creator. Sorry, I don't know, I'm not set up for Android at the moment. This definitely used to work fine in the past :/

• Same here, i don't figure out how to build multi-arch Android AAB package with Qt 6.2 and latest versions of QtCrator (QtCreator 5.0, QtCreator 6.0).

Looks like its Qt 6 related issue: in Qt 5.15 we have 'Clang Multi-Abi' kit and able to select required ABIS and build multi-arch AAB:
    Qt 5.15

In Qt 6.2 there separate kits for each ABI 'Clang arm64-v8a', 'Clang armeabi-v7a', 'Clang x86', 'Clang x86_64' each can generate single-arch AAB, but no way to build multi-arch AAB.
    Qt 6

• Moderators

in Qt Creator, open the project tab (the one under debug)
    be9926b8-0325-4af4-b523-aa25aac90c69-image.png

make sure, you selected a multi arch build:
    281b7574-603c-477f-973b-9fd370ef85bf-image.png

on the right side in the build steps section, expand qmake row and select all architectures(ABI) you want to build for
    63c6ef6f-93f8-41f7-8e6f-f5597a367899-image.png

under build android apk, make sure to check build aab
    a02afda7-fc32-454b-b483-0cb4b7572540-image.png

that should be all you need to do

• @J-Hilk Looks like its Qt 6 related issue: in Qt 6.2 there separate kits for each ABI 'Clang arm64-v8a', 'Clang armeabi-v7a', 'Clang x86', 'Clang x86_64' each can generate single-arch AAB, but no way to build multi-arch AAB.

• Moderators

@morte known bug
    https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-88841

since the QtCompany builds its own precompiled binaries with cmake now, it also effects 6.0 to 6.2.

It is supposed to come with Qt 6.3

• Since AAB become mandatory at Google Play from august 2021, strange that its impossible to generate multi-arch AAB package with Qt 6.2 LTS (neither using CMake or qmake). Theres note in docs that suggest upload single-arch ABB for each arch with different version codes. Would be good also see workaround to generate multi-arch AAB with 6.2.x.