Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Recompile QT libtiff plugin with JPEG and DEFLATE Support

• hi,

I need libtiff with JPEG and DEFLATE support. What advice you have to reach this goal?

1. recompile qtlibiff plugin and place this in the QT distro?
    2. Override load image to use another already linked tifflib?
    3. How to pass a tiff raw data (read with external Libtiff) to QImage?

thx in advance
    Alexander

• @SGaist
    I was asking what is the best approach.

Building it as external third party - what I did already - is not what I am looking for.
    How can I build it into the qt tiff plugin that it will be available from QT functions ... ?

Also this pri-file does not exist in this examples:
    /Qt4/5.15.2/Src/qtimageformats/src/imageformats/qtimageformats-config.pri

22:17:22: Starting: "/Users/ademmler/Qt4/5.15.2/clang_64/bin/qmake" /Users/ademmler/Qt4/5.15.2/Src/qtimageformats/src/plugins/imageformats/tiff/tiff.pro -spec macx-clang CONFIG+=debug CONFIG+=x86_64 CONFIG+=qml_debug
    Cannot read /Users/ademmler/Qt4/5.15.2/Src/qtimageformats/src/imageformats/qtimageformats-config.pri: No such file or directory
    Project ERROR: Could not find feature system-tiff.
    22:17:23: The process "/Users/ademmler/Qt4/5.15.2/clang_64/bin/qmake" exited with code 3.
    Error while building/deploying project tiff (kit: Desktop Qt 5.15.2 clang 64bit)
    When executing step "qmake"
    22:17:23: Elapsed time: 00:00.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Are you building that version of libtiff yourself ?
    Are you using your distribution provided Qt ?

• @SGaist

Both is possible. But I am talking about how to "modify" the one from QT ...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Check the options used to build it in the corresponding third parties.

• @SGaist
    I was asking what is the best approach.

Building it as external third party - what I did already - is not what I am looking for.
    How can I build it into the qt tiff plugin that it will be available from QT functions ... ?

Also this pri-file does not exist in this examples:
    /Qt4/5.15.2/Src/qtimageformats/src/imageformats/qtimageformats-config.pri

22:17:22: Starting: "/Users/ademmler/Qt4/5.15.2/clang_64/bin/qmake" /Users/ademmler/Qt4/5.15.2/Src/qtimageformats/src/plugins/imageformats/tiff/tiff.pro -spec macx-clang CONFIG+=debug CONFIG+=x86_64 CONFIG+=qml_debug
    Cannot read /Users/ademmler/Qt4/5.15.2/Src/qtimageformats/src/imageformats/qtimageformats-config.pri: No such file or directory
    Project ERROR: Could not find feature system-tiff.
    22:17:23: The process "/Users/ademmler/Qt4/5.15.2/clang_64/bin/qmake" exited with code 3.
    Error while building/deploying project tiff (kit: Desktop Qt 5.15.2 clang 64bit)
    When executing step "qmake"
    22:17:23: Elapsed time: 00:00.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@ademmler said in Recompile QT libtiff plugin with JPEG and DEFLATE Support:

That is not what I suggested. I suggested to modify the build of the tiff lib that is provided within the module sources.

Build the whole module first once so it's configured.

• @SGaist

That is what I tried, and this is what has thrown the error.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

From the looks of it, you opened the tiff plugin pro file directly.

• @SGaist Yes - do I really need to open all projects to compile just one plugin?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You need to do it once for the configuration to happen yes.