Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

passing values Working on Debug mode and doesn't on release mode!

• hi ~~

registeracc *registeraccount; // the problem is here sure! it works on debug but not on release mode  !~
      connect(ui->statuslineedit,SIGNAL(textChanged(QString)),registeraccount,SLOT(recieveacco(QString)));

void registeracc::recieveacco(QString recieve){

ch = recieve;
        qDebug()<<ch;
          if(recieve=="yes"){

ui->statusregister->setText("  you accepted the rules   ");
              ui->licenceagrement->setChecked(true);
          }
          if(recieve=="no"){

ui->licenceagrement->setChecked(false);
          }
          if(ui->licenceagrement->isChecked()){
              ui->registerdatabutton_2->setEnabled(true);

}else{
        ui->statusregister->setText("  you didn't accept software rules");
        ui->registerdatabutton_2->setDisabled(true);
        QTimer timer2;
        timer2.singleShot(3000, this, SLOT(cleartext()));
        timer2.start();
        timer2.stop();
        }
    }

is there any solution !~~?
    how can i initialize without = new ....
    and the important thing ,, everything work smoothly on debug mode!~
    the error on release mode is ~
    QObject::connect: Cannot connect QLineEdit::textChanged(QString) to (nullptr)::recieveacco(QString)

• Moderators

@Proton-Phoenix said in passing values Working on Debug mode and doesn't on release mode!:

registeracc *registeraccount;

thats a floating pointer not a pointer to a vaild instance, of course the connect fails

im surpised it worked in debug at all, luck I guess

• @J-Hilk
    yep it works on debug mode .. not only this , i have many floating pointers on my test software and all of it works on debug mode ... but doesn't on release mode~!
    iif i write it like this ... registeracc *registeraccount= new registeracc();
    it will work but i can't see the changes because it will show the changes on another object of registeracc ... ~~~ is there any solution to initialize registeracc ~?
    i want it to connect with the same already openned form not new one

• @Proton-Phoenix
    Forget about apparent differences between debug vs release builds. You need to understand the basics of C++ instances.

• okay bro Thank you so much i will try to understand more about c++ instances <3

• @Proton-Phoenix
    Nicely, you really do, because without understanding instances you won't get far in Qt or OO programming. It's worth the time to understand.

• @JonB said in passing values Working on Debug mode and doesn't on release mode!:

@Proton-Phoenix
    Nicely, you really do, because without understanding instances you won't get far in Qt or OO programming. It's worth the time to understand.

Thank you bro <3 i am learning programming from creating softwares ... that's why a lot of basics i didn't understand yet .. but i need to to continue the road <3
    but really thank you guys ...
    you could give me the solution but you want me to learn <3
    As an old Chinese saying goes, it is better to teach one the skill of fishing than to offer him fish.
    really thank you guys many time <3