[SOLVED] Not recieving notifications from QGeoSatelliteInfoSource

• Hi,

I'm trying to get notifications from a QGeoSatelliteInfoSource. I'm using Qt Mobility 1.1.

I'm trying the following:
    When I start receiving updates from the QGeoPositionInfoSource, I create a new instance by QGeoSatelliteInfoSource::createDefaultSource(). Then I start updates and connect its signals to appropriate slots.

@
    satSource = QGeoSatelliteInfoSource::createDefaultSource(this);
    if (satSource) {
    satSource->startUpdates(); connect(satSource,SIGNAL(satellitesInViewUpdated(QList<QGeoSatelliteInfo>)),this,SLOT(satellitesUpdated(QList<QGeoSatelliteInfo>)));
    @

But the signals are never emitted and I never receive any updates.

In the emulator it works fine. And if I start the standard location app on the phone, and via that asks for satellite info and THEN launch my app, THEN I get satellite info.

Has this something to do with I need to start some sort of plugin in order to receive satellite info?

• Found a solution. The problem seems to be related with some sort of timeouts. If the signals and slots are connected long before a GPS fix is established, then no signals will be emitted.

Instead one could try to request updates periodically with a timeout, and when the request triggers the emitting of signals, then you can connect the slots.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.