Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QtCreator system crash when clicking or dragging specific widgets

• I'm having a frustrating issue with QtCreator 4.14.2 where my entire system crashes when dragging or double-clicking any of the item views or modal widgets. All other widgets work fine, just not the item views or modal widgets (screenshot). To clarify, I don't have to add the widgets to my form for the system to crash; just initiating a click or drag in the editor is enough. The only way to get my system to work again is by pressing the physical reset button to force a restart.

So far, I've tried:

• An empty Qt project
    • Reinstalling QtCreator (I tried Qt5, Qt6, and the latest LTS release)
    • Installing a fresh copy of Windows 10

I have no idea what's going on, and QtCreator is essentially unusable for me because of this issue, so any help is appreciated!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Did you try the latest beta of the next release of Qt Creator ?

• @SGaist I couldn't find any beta release in the installer, but I found an RC release so I tried that, but the problem remains. This is what I selected in the installer.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

My bad, the RC is correct. I thought it was still in the beta stage.

You might be able to get more data if you start Qt Creator through a debugger.

• @SGaist I have barely any experience with debugging, so I’m not sure if I’m doing it right, but the system still crashes when attaching a debugger (WinDbg), so I’m not able to get any information from it.