A question on what Widget to use.

• Hello,

I have been looking at widgets, and haven't found the right one yet. I'd like to ask for suggestions. I have a fairly long list of items, and I would like some type of list widgets. (The ones I look at, don't seem to be for simple use like I want) I'd like the user to be able to click on the a list items, and the GUI displays that items data.

I'm still fairly new at Qt, and the technical explanations are still overwhelming and i can't tell if they do what I want them to do. I'm just trying to make something simple.

-Thanks
    Arukas

• The simplest "list" widget for your purposes is probably "QListView":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/doc/qt-4.8/qlistview.html. You will need to write a little code to determine when a user clicks on an item, and then to display the proper data wherever you would like it.

• [[Doc:QListWidget]] is even simpler to use in case you don't have some sophisticated data storage on the backend.

• I think a QListView in combination with a [[doc:QStandardItemModel]] or even a [[QStringListModel]] is just as simple, and way more flexible.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.