Can't Compile QXmpp

• Hello,

When i try to compile the very basic thing that include file of qxmpp i get alot of errors

my program is"
    #include <QtCore/QCoreApplication>
    #include "QXmppClient.h"
    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QCoreApplication a(argc, argv);

return a.exec&#40;&#41;;

}
    "

and this is all the error
    "In file included from ..\xmpp01\main.cpp:2:
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:28:27: error: QAbstractSocket: No such file or directory
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:30:32: error: QXmppConfiguration.h: No such file or directory
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:31:25: error: QXmppLogger.h: No such file or directory
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:32:27: error: QXmppPresence.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from ..\xmpp01\main.cpp:2:
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:81: error: expected class-name before '{' token
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:139: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'QXmppConfiguration' with no type
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:139: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:147: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'QXmppConfiguration' with no type
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:147: error: expected ';' before '&' token
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:148: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'QXmppLogger' with no type
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:148: error: expected ';' before '*' token
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:149: error: 'QXmppLogger' has not been declared
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:151: error: 'QAbstractSocket' has not been declared
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:151: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'SocketError' with no type
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:151: error: expected ';' before 'socketError'
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:153: error: 'QXmppStanza' has not been declared
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:153: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Condition' with no type
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:153: error: expected ';' before 'xmppStreamError'
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:197: error: 'QXmppLogger' has not been declared
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:235: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'QDomElement' with no type
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:235: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:236: error: 'QAbstractSocket' has not been declared
    ..\xmpp01/QXmppClient.h:236: error: expected ',' or '...' before 'state'
    "

please help me to understand out what i am doing wrong.

• Add to your .pro file:

@
    QT += network
    @

and probbly too:

@
    QT += xml
    @

• [quote author="Volker" date="1324823845"]Add to your .pro file:

@
    QT += network
    @

and probbly too:

@
    QT += xml
    @
    [/quote]

thanks that helped,
    i added to the project file the flowing things

@
    INCLUDEPATH += "d:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01\qxmpp-0.3.91\src"
    QT += network
    QT += xml
    @

[EDIT: code formatting for .pro snippet, Volker]

and now i get other error, i am not understand what i am doing wrong it's not my first time that i use qt.
    this is the errors i get
    "debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:D:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01-build-desktop-Qt_4_7_4_for_Desktop_-MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:118: undefined reference to QXmppLoggable::qt_metacast(char const*)' debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:D:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01-build-desktop-Qt_4_7_4_for_Desktop_-_MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:123: undefined reference toQXmppLoggable::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)'
    debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:D:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01-build-desktop-Qt_4_7_4_for_Desktop
    -MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:137: undefined reference to QXmppClient::connectToServer(QString const&, QString const&)' debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:D:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01-build-desktop-Qt_4_7_4_for_Desktop_-_MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:138: undefined reference toQXmppClient::disconnectFromServer()'
    debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:D:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01-build-desktop-Qt_4_7_4_for_Desktop
    -MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:139: undefined reference to QXmppClient::sendPacket(QXmppPacket const&)' debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:D:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01-build-desktop-Qt_4_7_4_for_Desktop_-_MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:141: undefined reference toQXmppClient::sendMessage(QString const&, QString const&)'
    -_MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:142: undefined reference to QXmppClient::_q_elementReceived(QDomElement const&, bool&)' debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:D:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01-build-desktop-Qt_4_7_4_for_Desktop_-_MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:143: undefined reference toQXmppClient::q_socketStateChanged(QAbstractSocket::SocketState)'
    -_MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:144: undefined reference to QXmppClient::_q_streamConnected()' debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:D:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01-build-desktop-Qt_4_7_4_for_Desktop_-_MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:145: undefined reference toQXmppClient::q_streamDisconnected()'
    -MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:154: undefined reference to QXmppClient::logger() const' debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:D:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01-build-desktop-Qt_4_7_4_for_Desktop_-_MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:155: undefined reference toQXmppClient::state() const'
    -_MinGW_4_4__Qt_SDK__Debug/debug/moc_QXmppClient.cpp:161: undefined reference to QXmppClient::setLogger(QXmppLogger*)' debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:moc_QXmppClient.cpp:(.rdata+0x0): undefined reference toQXmppLoggable::staticMetaObject'
    debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:moc_QXmppClient.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV11QXmppClient[vtable for QXmppClient]+0x14): undefined reference to QXmppClient::~QXmppClient()' debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:moc_QXmppClient.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV11QXmppClient[vtable for QXmppClient]+0x18): undefined reference toQXmppClient::~QXmppClient()'
    debug/moc_QXmppClient.o:moc_QXmppClient.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV11QXmppClient[vtable for QXmppClient]+0x28): undefined reference to `QXmppLoggable::childEvent(QChildEvent*)'
    "

as u can see the problem come from the library qxmpp
    thanks for the help

• You must link to the xmpp lib too, eg. like this:

@
    LIBS += "d:\DataY\Dev\XMPP\xmpp01\qxmpp-0.3.91\lib"
    LIBS += -lxmpp
    @

You must adjust the path and the lib name. Search for something like qxmpp.lib (probably or libqxmpp.lib) and put that directory into the first line. Then add -lwhateveryoufound without the .lib in the second line.

Unless you have built a static library, you will need the DLL in a search path for your application to run.

• We want to use qxmpp lib in Qt5.1 for Android, but the class “QsslSocket” is not implemented in Qt5.1 for Android, can we use qxmpp without “QsslSocket”? (use “QtcpSocket” instead of “QsslSocket”?).

And do you have any advice? Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.