Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

OPC UA node huge list read/subscribe

• Hello!

I am developing an application that has to monitor the value changes of a huge list of Opc Ua nodes.

I have already made a tiny test that works correctly:

auto* testNode = m_client->node("ns=3;i=1001");

if (testNode)
    {
      connect(testNode, &QOpcUaNode::dataChangeOccurred, this, [](QOpcUa::NodeAttribute attribute, QVariant value)
      {
        // How can I retrieve the nodeId of who generated the event here?
        qInfo().nospace().noquote() << "Attribute " << attribute << " changed " << value ;
      });

m_testNode->enableMonitoring(QOpcUa::NodeAttribute::Value, QOpcUaMonitoringParameters(100));
    }

In this case, however, it is necessary to have a unique slot / lambda for each node. Instead, I would like to focus the management of all changes on a single slot for all monitored nodes.

The problem is that the "dataChangeOccurred" event does not provide information on the node that raised it.

Having a single slot for all nodes: how could I know who generated the event?

• @Merlino
    Maybe I misunderstand. But testNode is the one which emitted the signal, so why don't you pass that to your lambda? Is that not what you are asking for?

• connect(testNode, &QOpcUaNode::dataChangeOccurred, this, [testNode](QOpcUa::NodeAttribute attribute, QVariant value)
      {
        // How can I retrieve the nodeId of who generated the event here?
        qInfo().nospace().noquote() << "Attribute " << attribute << " changed " << value ;
        // do stuff with testNode?
      });

• @JonB I would like to do something like this:

for(auto nodeData : listOfNodesToBeSubsribed )
    {
      auto* node = m_client->node(nodeData.nodeID);

if (node)
      {
        m_subscribedNodesList.insert(node);

connect(node, &QOpcUaNode::dataChangeOccurred, this, [this, nodeData](QOpcUa::NodeAttribute attribute, QVariant value)
        {
      	this->DoStuffWithNode(nodeData, value);
        });

node->enableMonitoring(QOpcUa::NodeAttribute::Value, QOpcUaMonitoringParameters(100));	 
      }
    }

but written like this I doubt it will work...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Merlino said in OPC UA node huge list read/subscribe:

but written like this I doubt it will work

Why not? Did you try?

• @jsulm yes, it works! :)