Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

I'm trying to make a GUI for ROS and I get these errros.

• QT.png

Please help guys I'm about to finish my master thesis and I stuck here for a long time. I can understand that is something with the boost library. For the reason that I had in my laptop QT 4 because, ROS when create the QT package the CMakeLists were for QT4. I made some changes in CMakeLists and I managed to run cmake without problems. But I change the version of Boost library. First I installed version 1.55 then 1.52 and now I have version 1.69.
    The version of QT is Qt Creator 4.9.2
    Based on Qt 5.12.4 (GCC 7.4.0, 64 bit)
    Consider that is the ROS plugin. I'm a little confused about versions in QT. Anyway, here is the CMakeList

##############################################################################
    # CMake

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.0)
    project(Monster_Truck_UI)

set(CMAKE_AUTOUIC ON)
    # Catkin

# qt_build provides the qt cmake glue, roscpp the comms for a default talker
    find_package(catkin REQUIRED COMPONENTS qt_build roscpp)
    include_directories(${catkin_INCLUDE_DIRS})
    # Use this to define what the package will export (e.g. libs, headers).
    # Since the default here is to produce only a binary, we don't worry about
    # exporting anything. 
    catkin_package()

# Qt Environment

# this comes from qt_build's qt-ros.cmake which is automatically 
    # included via the dependency call in package.xml

# Sections

set(CMAKE_AUTOMOC ON)

find_package(Qt5 COMPONENTS Core Gui Widgets)
    QT5_ADD_RESOURCES(QT_RESOURCES_CPP ${QT_RESOURCES})
    QT5_WRAP_UI(QT_FORMS_HPP ${QT_FORMS})##############################################################################
    # Sources
    include_directories(
        ${Qt5Core_INCLUDE_DIRS}
        ${Qt5Gui_INCLUDE_DIRS}
        ${Qt5Widgets_INCLUDE_DIRS}
        )

set(QT_SOURCES
        src/main.cpp
        src/mainwindow.cpp
        src/mainwindow.h
        src/mainwindow.ui

#ROS SRC
    	src/ROS_src/publishers_subscribers/Publishers.h
    	src/ROS_src/publishers_subscribers/Subscribers.h	

)

# Binaries

add_executable(Monster_Truck_UI ${QT_SOURCES} ${QT_RESOURCES_CPP} ${QT_FORMS_HPP} ${QT_MOC_HPP})
    target_link_libraries(Monster_Truck_UI ${QT_LIBRARIES} ${catkin_LIBRARIES}
            Qt5::Core     Qt5::Widgets)
    install(TARGETS Monster_Truck_UI RUNTIME DESTINATION ${CATKIN_PACKAGE_BIN_DESTINATION})

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Please show your code but I guess you have a using namespace FOO somewhere in your header. Remove it.

• @Christian-Ehrlicher said in I'm trying to make a GUI for ROS and I get these errros.:

using namespace FOO

https://github.com/alexspirou/ROS_Ackerman_Monster_Truck_/tree/main/Monster_Truck_UI

Here is the code. Indeed I had a namespace, I remove it errors about boost has gone but now I have this error.

qt2.png

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Your header is wrong. You are missing the forward declaration of the "Ui::MainWindow" class, the ui variable is also wrong as it should be a "Ui::MainWindow".

• @SGaist said in I'm trying to make a GUI for ROS and I get these errros.:

"Ui::MainWindow
    Hello. I don't get what I should change. Can you give me an example?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Alex_Spi13 said in I'm trying to make a GUI for ROS and I get these errros.:

Can you give me an example?

@SGaist already told you what to do - you member 'ui' is wrong - it must be Ui::MainWindow.

• @SGaist said in I'm trying to make a GUI for ROS and I get these errros.:

"Ui::MainWindow"

He told me to delete namespace. I thought that he meant
    namespace Ui {
    class MainWindow;
    }
    and I deleted this. I wrote back again and now works. Thank you.