Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Warning: "A lot of buffers are being dropped." for mp4 720p video on mx6 hardware (Yocto)

• I am trying to render a mp4 720p video on mx6 hardware (Yocto) using Qtmultimeadia. I am getting a Warning: "A lot of buffers are being dropped." So video is getting struck.
    I am using qt 5.9 and Qtmultimedia 5.0.
    When play video on cmd using "gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<path_to_video.mp4> ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! videoscale add-borders=false ! video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720 ! kmssink connector-id=33 sync=false can-scale=false force-modesetting=false" vidoe is playing properly. Can you please suggest me a solution?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

If you can update your Qt version to something more recent, you could make use of a custom GStreamer pipeline so that it might work better.

• Hi Sgaist,

Thanks for your reply. I am bit new to QML. I have gone though the coustom gst pipeline, but could not get a clear picture.

Below is my code. can you please suggest me how can i use the coustom gst pipeline if I updae Qt version.

main.cpp

#include <QtQuick>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QGuiApplication app(argc,argv);
    QQuickView view;
    view.setSource(QUrl("qrc:/main.qml"));
    view.show();
    return app.exec();
    }

main.qml
    import QtQuick 2.7
    import QtMultimedia 5.0
    Rectangle {
    visible: true
    width: 1920
    height: 720
    color: "blue"

MediaPlayer {
        id: mediaplayer
        autoPlay: true
    	source: BigBuckBunny.mp4"      
    }

VideoOutput {
    anchors.fill: parent
    source: mediaplayer
    }
    }

Can you please suggest me how can use coustom gst pipeline for cmd "gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<path_to_video.mp4> ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! videoscale add-borders=false ! video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720 ! kmssink connector-id=33 sync=false can-scale=false force-modesetting=false" .

Regards,
    Asgo

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Good question, I thought you were using widgets and there you can do it with QMediaPlayer.

• I see following information in QMl. But my question is how to use the cmd "gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<path_to_video.mp4> ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! videoscale add-borders=false ! video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720 ! kmssink connector-id=33 sync=false can-scale=false force-modesetting=false"

And also it is not mentioned where to provide the actual path of media file. So I am confused.

74243b89-302b-4235-90fb-f47116fe31b3-image.png

Can you please help me with this?

Regards,
    Asgo

• Lifetime Qt Champion

The arguments after gst-pipeline: are the ones you feed to gst-launch.

• Below one is correct?

MediaPlayer{
    id: mediaplayer
    source: " "gst-pipeline: filesrc location=<path_to_video.mp4> ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! videoscale add-borders=false ! video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720 ! kmssink connector-id=33 sync=false can-scale=false force-modesetting=false""
    }

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You are missing the final sink so that it output to your application.