Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Creator installation on Ubuntu 16.04

• Hello all,
    I have successfully compiled and installed Qt sources (5.15.1) on Ubuntu 16.04 which is a 32-bit platform.
    Since, there is no latest Qt creator installers for 32-bit machine, I thought of compiling Qt creator source (4.11.0) for 32-bit platform.
    I have followed below steps for building Qt creator
    cd <QtCreatorSources>/..
    mkdir qtcreator-build
    cd qtcreator-build
    <QtInstall>/bin/qmake -r <QtCreatorSources>
    make

After make, below error is coming
    error: failed to execute syncqt for the bundled qtscript module

So, again re-compiled Qt script modules from Qt sources and tried to compile Qt creator again. Now, I observed a different error
    error: aggregate ‘QPainterPath path’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

My question is, for building Qt creator successfully, do I have to compile all the modules in Qt sources (5.15.1 ) ?

Can any one please suggest ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi @Praveen-Illa,

I think you are in dependency hell now. Probably Creator 4.11 was never tested with Qt 5.15.

As QPainterPath is in QtGUI which you probably have, does adding an #include <QPainterPath> in the file giving the compile error help? (Just a shot in the dark)

Regards

• @aha_1980
    Thanks for your quick response.
    So, which Qt creator version is supposed to be used with Qt 5.15.1 ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Praveen-Illa Why don't you have a look in the README.md in your Creator tree?