Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

where to emit closeEditor() when subclass from QItemDelegate ?

• Hi guys.
    I have a tableview , one column need to set to combobox, so i subclass QItemDelegate. it works, except it cannot emit closeEditor() signal, I invoke emit closeEditor in setModelData(), but compiler says:

error: C2662: “void QAbstractItemDelegate::closeEditor(QWidget *,QAbstractItemDelegate::EndEditHint)”: 不能将“this”指针从“const ComboboxDelegate”转换为“QAbstractItemDelegate &”

here is the code:

class ComboboxDelegate: public QItemDelegate
    {

public:
        ComboboxDelegate(QWidget *parent = nullptr,QStringList items=QStringList(),int currentIndex=0):QItemDelegate(parent)
        {
            m_items = items;
            m_initIdx = currentIndex;
        }

QWidget *createEditor(QWidget *parent, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option,
                                const QModelIndex &index) const override //final
        {
            Q_UNUSED(parent)
            Q_UNUSED(option)
            Q_UNUSED(index)

QComboBox *channelBox = new QComboBox(parent); 
            channelBox->setFixedHeight(option.rect.height());

for(int i=0;i<m_items.size();i++){
                QString item = m_items.at(i);
                channelBox->addItem(item);
            }
            channelBox->setCurrentIndex(m_initIdx);
            return channelBox;
        }

void setEditorData(QWidget *editor, const QModelIndex &index) const
        {
            QComboBox *comboBox = static_cast<QComboBox*>(editor);
            if(comboBox){
                QString str = index.model()->data(index, Qt::EditRole).toString();
                comboBox->setCurrentIndex(comboBox->findText(str));
            }
        }

void setModelData(QWidget *editor, QAbstractItemModel *model, const QModelIndex &index) const
        {
            QComboBox *comboBox = static_cast<QComboBox*>(editor);
            if(comboBox!=0){
                model->setData(index, comboBox->currentText(), Qt::EditRole);
                emit closeEditor(editor); // ERROR HERE ~~~~
            }
        }

void updateEditorGeometry(QWidget *editor, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
        {
            editor->setGeometry(option.rect);
        }
        // still cannot work with my signal ~~~
    signals:
        void closeEditor2(QWidget *editor, QAbstractItemDelegate::EndEditHint hint = NoHint);
    private:
        int m_initIdx;
        QStringList m_items;
    };

Any help will be appreciated.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You don't have to emit this signal, it's emitted by QAbstractItemDelegate to notify the view.

• @QtTester
    As @Christian-Ehrlicher has said. Your code will be fine without any emits here.

But (quite separate issue) you might want to change your static_cast<QComboBox*>s to qobject_cast<QComboBox*>s. It's safer, and allows you to use the delegate against different columns/widget types without having to invent separate delegates for each one. Depending on how you like to do these things.

• @Christian-Ehrlicher said in where to emit closeEditor() when subclass from QItemDelegate ?:

You don't have to emit this signal, it's emitted by QAbstractItemDelegate to notify the view.

@JonB said in where to emit closeEditor() when subclass from QItemDelegate ?:

@QtTester
    As @Christian-Ehrlicher has said. Your code will be fine without any emits here.

But (quite separate issue) you might want to change your static_cast<QComboBox*>s to qobject_cast<QComboBox*>s. It's safer, and allows you to use the delegate against different columns/widget types without having to invent separate delegates for each one. Depending on how you like to do these things.

Thanks you both. But I didnot recevie the signal, after I connect the abstractitemdelegate signal, when I finish edit the default lineedit cell ,it emits a signal ,but after I choose the combobox , the signal did not send out!

connect(ui->tableViewSpdLimit->itemDelegate(),&QAbstractItemDelegate::closeEditor,this,[=](){
            qDebug("detect edit!");
            ui->pushButtonSubmitLimit->setEnabled(true);
        });

• Already solved, use ui->tableViewSpdLimit->itemDelegateForColumn()