N900 + Bluetooth

• Hi all!
    How can i creating simple application on Maemo 5 with using Bluetooth? I want to create simple applications sending data to external device.
    Could anybody show me sample with comments of code ?

• What you need, is the Connectivity API from Qt Mobility 1.2. The following link has any information needed on that and contains some examples as well:
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1.2/connectivity-api.html

• Ok, I know that need Connectivity API from Ot Mobility, but I can't add to my project QBluetooth library. In my app I want used Accelerometer (works seamlessly) and Bluetooth to control other electronic devices (Remote contolled cars). What must i do to add QBluetooth library to project?

Thanks for your help :)

• Before you begin make sure you have installed the latest version of Qt and Qt Mobility because Bluetooth was added not much long ago. So to be sure, i would suggest to run an update from the Maintenance tool in the Qt Creator.

Then regarding you project changes:
    First add to your .pro file the following declaration to make that module of Qt Mobility available:
    @
    CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY = connectivity
    symbian {
    TARGET.CAPABILITY = LocalServices UserEnvironment ReadUserData WriteUserData NetworkServices
    }
    @

Then in whichever class you need to use QBluetooth, you will add in the header a declaration like the following, depending on which QBluetooth classes you want to use (the following code is taken by bluetooth tennis example)
    @
    #include <qbluetoothserviceinfo.h>
    #include <qbluetoothsocket.h>

QTM_BEGIN_NAMESPACE
    class QL2capServer;
    class QBluetoothSocket;
    class QBluetoothServiceInfo;
    QTM_END_NAMESPACE

QTM_USE_NAMESPACE
    @

The examples in the link posted above has all the information you are going to need.

• Hi

I add to my .pro file following definition
    @CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY = connectivity
    symbian {
    TARGET.CAPABILITY = LocalServices UserEnvironment ReadUserData WriteUserData NetworkServices
    }@

But still I have problem with add qbluetooth library to project. When use QT Simulator all is well. When use Maemo5 the compiler gives me error:

"error:Qbluetoothserviceinfo: No such file or directory
    C:\Users\Bartek\Desktop\test2\test2\mainwindow.h"

Must I add qbluetooth library and other BT library to my project folder?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.