Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

how to put a list inside a QRegExp

• Hi!

i have this list:

filter_list = ['blue', 'red', 'orange']

and i want to place that list inside a QRegExp, but this does not work:

(QRegExp(filter_list))

how i archive it? I want to put more than one item inside QRegExp, i can't find it in the documentation

Thanks

• @adrian88888888
    It's OK :)

self.ui.model_sorted.setFilterRegExp(QRegularExpression("album"|"golden"))

Here all you want is:

self.ui.model_sorted.setFilterRegExpression(QRegularExpression("(album|golden)"))

Just a Python string of: "(album|golden)". Or for the rest of them: "(album|golden|check|no100|trash)".

However, please note you should be using setFilterRegExpression not setFilterRegExp like you still show. I did already say this, you need to look through your code.

• @adrian88888888
    Don't use QRegExp anything, it's outdated. Use Qt's QRegularExpression, or use Python's regular expressions if you prefer where it's not required by Qt.

You don't put lists in regular expressions. You put a string which is a pattern. So don't know what you mean here?

If what you mean is you want a regular expression which matches any of the list items you show, that would be (blue|red|orange).

• @JonB im trying to match the items that i mark in the buttons

https://i.imgur.com/zAExz0v.gif

here its the code:

def SetFilter(self):
            filter_list = []
            if self.ui.button_SetFilterAlbum.isChecked():
                filter_list.append('album')
            if self.ui.button_SetFilterGolden.isChecked():
                filter_list.append('golden')
            if self.ui.button_SetFilterCheck.isChecked():
                filter_list.append('check')
            if self.ui.button_SetFilterNo100.isChecked():
                filter_list.append('no100')
            if self.ui.button_SetFilterTrash.isChecked():
                filter_list.append('trash')
            if len(filter_list) < 1:
                filter_list = ['album', 'golden', 'check', 'no100', 'trash']
            print('matching in the model:',filter_list)

the last line it's the one you suggest, but it gives an error, you have any ideas?

• @adrian88888888 said in how to put a list inside a QRegExp:

but it gives an error, you have any ideas?

The first idea I would have is to say what the error is and when it occurs.

"album"|"golden" is not a legitimate anything in Python. A regular expression is a string, and QRegularExpression accepts a string. There are examples of regular expressions on the QRegularExpression docs page and all over the web. I showed above what the regular expression you want looks like.

I don't mean to be mean, but you really should understand this. Please have a think and try again.

• @JonB its being 26 days(according to github) and all i wanted was to make a table that sorted stuff, im doing desperate questions because i'm getting desperate, i should read the docs instead, or use google more, or read your answers carefully

i surrender, thanks for the patience, i will see what i do in a couple days when i recover my dignity

• @adrian88888888
    It's OK :)

Here all you want is:

self.ui.model_sorted.setFilterRegExpression(QRegularExpression("(album|golden)"))

Just a Python string of: "(album|golden)". Or for the rest of them: "(album|golden|check|no100|trash)".

However, please note you should be using setFilterRegExpression not setFilterRegExp like you still show. I did already say this, you need to look through your code.