Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Remove bluetooth device using Qt Bluetooth - long shot question

• Since there in no similar post I'll try this.
    I fully understand that 99.999% of posts here are NOT about coding but about GUI. NOTHING wrong with that, but makes one wonder why bother posting such long shot question about coding..
    Anyway - in QT bluetooth there are TWO classes to "inquire" about "nearby " devices or services.
    I am using both and they sort of work.

Since my app and my OS and " Bluetooth Manager" are not happily interacting with each other I found out that if I REMOVE the discovered DEVICE ( using Bluetooth Manager) my app will work - discover all "nearby devices" reliably but ONE time only.

I am therefore asking this - anybody has any suggestion how to utilize QT Bluetooth "module" to programmatically ( in code ) REMOVE discovered device ?

Mrs Google just wants to discover not remove.

PS I will be searching for other forums where posting similar question may be more appropriate.

• @AnneRanch

If you use QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent for device discovery, you get a QList of discovered devices. Restarting the discovery will re-populate that list and as long as you haven't connected to any device, you can just refresh that list

https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.15/qbluetoothdevicediscoveryagent.html#deviceDiscovered

• @Pl45m4 said in Remove bluetooth device using Qt Bluetooth - long shot question:

@AnneRanch

If you use QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent for device discovery, you get a QList of discovered devices. Restarting the discovery will re-populate that list and as long as you haven't connected to any device, you can just refresh that list

https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.15/qbluetoothdevicediscoveryagent.html#deviceDiscovered

Yes, I am actually looking at the list, after
    deviceDiscovered SIGNAL is received .

And my expectation is each subsequent time deviceDiscovered SIGNAL is received the info SHOULD contain actual info "discovered".

It does not!

I get the SIGNAL without ANY data in info !

The only time it works as expected is when I manually "delete"
    the device found using Bluetooth Manager app.

I do not know HOW is SIGNAL deviceDiscovered SIGNAL generated with EMPTY info.

This is easy to observe - real SIGNAL deviceDiscovered is generated after max of 12 second, faulty / empty SIGNAL is generated IMMEDIATELY .

I am open to suggestions how to make sure SUBSEQUENT scan produce real info .

I am actually thinking to implement paring / connect / disconnect...
    Maybe that will work.

Or find out the source code for Bluetooth Manager and see how they do the device deletion.

void CCC_DiscoverDevice::deviceDiscovered(const QBluetoothDeviceInfo &info)
    {

qDebug ("void CCC_DiscoverDevice:deviceDiscovered()");
    ui->plainTextEdit->appendPlainText("Nearby BT device ");
    ui->plainTextEdit->appendPlainText(info.name());
    ui->plainTextEdit->appendPlainText(info.address().toString());
    //exit(42);

}