"No valid QT version found" Problem.

• Hi, I just installed QT SDK for Windows (online version).
    I got QT Creator opened. I tried to create a new project but the following line stopped me from continuing:
    "No valid Qt versions found
    Please add a Qt version in Tools/Options or via the maintenance tool of the SDK."

I went to the Tools/Options but there is no "qmake.exe" there, which I believe is the one I'm looking for. I looked at QtSDK folder and do a folder search typing "make" to find qmake. There is no qmake found.

Can qmake.exe be downloaded? Maybe, I can go to Tools/Option again in Qt Creator and Add it manually.

Pls. give me advice. Thanks in advance.

• Did you install any Qt libraries using the Qt SDK (found at Development Tools -> Desktop Qt or Experimental)?

• I think so. I installed using Default options. I went back to the installation and it shows that "Qt SDK > Development Tools > Desktop Qt > Qt 4.7.4" is selected. "Experimental" is not selected in the Default. Should I re-install (it says it will overwrite it) the software again, this time adding Experimental in the selection?

I have no idea what to install. So, I just do Default installation instead of Custom installation since I don't know what each of the selections would be for.

• You'll need at least the Qt libraries (Qt SDK -> Development Tools -> Desktop -> Qt 4.7.x -> Desktop Qt 4.7.x - ...), a compiler (Qt SDK -> Miscellaneous -> MinGW 4.4 if there is none on your system yet) and optionally the IDE Qt Creator (Qt SDK -> Development Tools -> Qt Creator).

This should be installed by default.

Probably there went something wrong during installation. So the easiest might be re-installiing the SDK with default settings.

• Is there no way of installing it separately?

Thanks for the replies.

• Installing separately what? You either just tick the things you want or download and install them separately "here":http://qt.nokia.com/downloads.

• Yeh that's the one. Thanks.

• Hi, I just installed QT SDK for Linux fedora17 (offline version).
    I got QT Creator opened. I tried to create a new project but the following line stopped me from continuing:
    “No valid Qt versions found
    Please add a Qt version in Tools/Options or via the maintenance tool of the SDK.”

I went to the Tools/Options but there is no “qmake.exe” there, which I believe is the one I’m looking for. I looked at QtSDK folder and do a folder search typing “make” to find qmake. There is no qmake found.

Can qmake.exe be downloaded? Maybe, I can go to Tools/Option again in Qt Creator and Add it manually.

• Hi, I just installed QT SDK for Linux fedora17 (offline version).
    may i know how to set properities for Run And Debug commands on qt creator.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.