Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt 5.11.3 on Debian Stretch (x86_64 and armhf version)

• I am developing a Qt application using QML on PC. I have installed two TrueType fonts into two different folder and all qrc are pointing right to them. But when I launch it, it uses some of my fonts characters and some of other system (?) FontConfig fonts.
    My main goal is to run this application in a embedded board with Xorg, Qt, GPU but not all fancy fonts that came with window managers and such due to the limit in size of the storage space flash.

So basically I wish Qt prevent using system font, so my only fonts are being used.
    Is this possible?

How to proceed?

Regards,
    Gianluca

• Moderators

@GianlucaRenzi said in Qt 5.11.3 on Debian Stretch (x86_64 and armhf version):

But when I launch it, it uses some of my fonts characters and some of other system (?) FontConfig fonts.

Do you set your fonts manually everywhere? Where OS fonts are / are not used?

So basically I wish Qt prevent using system font, so my only fonts are being used.

If target OS won't have system fonts, Qt definitely won't use them.

You may try calling QFont::insertSubstitute() to manually replace system font names with your own.