Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Android release APK and AAB

• Greetings Trolls,

So I'm building a Qt application with make aab, it generates a release aab fine in the build/outputs/bundle/release folder.

However it only generates a debug apk in the build/outputs/bundle/debug directory.

Is there a way to enforce a release apk when building with make aab ?

• Moderators

I think you need to calls make apk separately. It should run quickly as the only thing to do is new deployment - compilation was already done.

• @sierdzio nope, I just tried that no matter how I call make apk, either before or after I always get the debug folder and nothing else.

• Moderators

Qt always builds the APK in debug folder, even if it is compiled in release mode. However, I thought it was supposed to change in 5.14.

• Solved it !

With 5.14.2, I had to do the following to get both the apk and aab in the proper place:

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # FIXME Qt android: We have to call androiddeployqt to generate a release apk.

androiddeployqt="$external/Qt/$Qt5_version/bin/androiddeployqt"

"$androiddeployqt" --release --apk --aab \
                       --input android-HelloSky-deployment-settings.json \
                       --output android-build \
                       --android-platform android-$SDK_version \
                       --jdk $JAVA_HOME

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------