Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

problem with hiding VerticalScrollBar

• I have been programming for a touch screen monitor.
    I have a scroll area and I want to hide the vertical scroll bar. if I set verticalScrollBarPolicy=scrollBarAlwaysOff, it has been hided
    but the problem is that I can scroll the area with mouse scroll, and I can not scroll this area with a finger in my touch monitor
    I want to scroll this area with the finger in my touch monitor
    how can I do this?

• Banned

@saza instead of turning the vertical scroll bar off why not instead make it really thin -- I am guessing that with your touchpad and qt's on/off setting turns it off for the finger mode of scrolling and/or the vertical finger mode scrolling is handled by the vertical scroll bar which has been turned off and the mouse scrolling is handled by some other aspect autonomous from the vertical scroll bar

At least that is what I would look into doing -- have you checked to make sure that when you do not turn off the scroll bar that finger vertical scrolling works.

• @Denni-0 said in problem with hiding VerticalScrollBar:

At least that is what I would look into doing -- have you checked to make sure that when you do not turn off the scroll bar that finger vertical scrolling wor

@Denni-0 thanks for your reply
    yes, when I do not turn off the scroll bar, the finger vertical scrolling is work, I can scroll the area with finger and scroll bar

I do not make scroll bar thin because of UI. in my program it's better to scroll bar nor showing (I want something like scrolling area in a phone, you see, in a phone, we don't have scroll bar)

• Banned

I do not think you understand what I mean -- If you make the scrollbar super thin like no thicker than a line you do not really see it as a scrollbar -- so you end up having a scrollbar without it seeming to show -- does that make sense?