Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Set pseudo-state pressed for QSplitterHandle overridden mouse events

• I have overridden the mousePressEvent, mouseMoveEvent and mouseReleaseEvent for a sub-class QSplitterHandle and am able to change the style for the ::handle:hover but not for the ::handle:pressed. My assumption is that since I have overridden these mouse events, that I need to some how set the pseudo-state pressed to true/false within these mouse events in order for the style to be able to be changed but I haven't found a way to fix this. Does anybody know how to go about this?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Are you calling the base class implementation of these methods ?

• I'm guessing that is my question on how to do that. I have created a custom widget for the QSplitter and have overridden the createHandle to use the custom widget for the QSplitterHandle, but I am not sure how to tell it in the mouse events that the pressed is enabled or set to true.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

How to do what ?

• @SGaist Maybe I am confused by what you are asking. The mouse events are getting called from me clicking on the the custom QSplitter and its custom QSplitterHandle but the pseudo-state pressed needs to be set in these mouse events. Do I need to call some kind of base class method for setting the pressed state?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

First the question will be: what are you doing in the method you reimplemented ?

• In the mousePressEvent I have:

setCursor(Qt::ClosedHandCursor);

eventPtr->accept();

In the mouseMoveEvent I have:

if (eventPtr->buttons() & Qt::LeftButton)
       {
          setCursor(Qt::ClosedHandCursor);

auto pos = parentWidget()->mapFromGlobal(eventPtr->globalPos()).y();

moveSplitter(pos);

eventPtr->accept();
       }

and in the mouseReleaseEvent I have:

setCursor(Qt::PointingHandCursor);

eventPtr->accept();

• Lifetime Qt Champion

If you want to have QSplitter do the standard stuff beside your modifications then you have to call the base class implementation of these methods.