Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

output test results to stdout using -o

• The Qt Test overview specifies that the test log can be output to stdout this way: -o filename,format
    "
    "[-o filename,format] Writes output to the specified file, in the specified format (one of txt, xml, lightxml, xunitxml or tap). The special filename - may be used to log to standard output."

Here it says that a special filename can be used to route it to stdout. I have tried using "-" as the filename but this doesn't register, and instead I get "-o needs an extra parameter specifying the filename and optional format"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Qt Champions 2019

@Brynnjolf Did you also specify the format?

• yeah, the syntax I've used is -o -,txt

• I should have specified that I am trying to log in multiple formats simultaneously. My bad.

From your link:
    "The first version of the -o option (-o filename,format), may be repeated in order to log test results in multiple formats, but no more than one instance of this option can log test results to standard output."

So, if I want to log to a file and stdout simultaneously, I believe this is the only option.