Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
BrianRuislip last edited by
Hi. I'm new to Qt and am trying to load paraview in Linux. Given the hundreds of posts on the Qt file Qt.qpa.xcb loading issue, Why hasn't this problem been fixed ? Or maybe it has ?
Hi and welcome to devnet,
From experience on other topics like the MySQL/PostgreSQL drivers or OpenSSL, many times when a the same question comes again and again and seems not fixed, if you take the time to look at bit further, you will see several patterns:
- people not having searched the forum
- people not reading the documentation
- people using the documentation for a different and outdated version of Qt
- people using a different series of Qt (4 vs 5)
- people following the instructions for a different platform
- people following outdated articles (some might be old but still valid but that's not always the case)
- people using an outdated distribution wanting to use an fully up to date Qt version
As for your issue:
- What version of Qt are you using ?
- On what distribution ?
- How did you install it ?
- Are you using a pre-built binary of that application ?