Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Can't run 64bit QMainWindow default project -Windows 10

• Hello,

I am having difficulty running a stock QMainWindow project through Qt Creator. I get the message:
    21:35:22: Starting C:\Programming_IDES\Qt_projects\build-TodoApp-Kit2_64bit-Debug\debug\TodoApp.exe ...
    21:35:22: The program has unexpectedly finished.
    21:35:22: The process was ended forcefully.
    21:35:22: C:\Programming_IDES\Qt_projects\build-TodoApp-Kit2_64bit-Debug\debug\TodoApp.exe crashed.

When I use a 32 bit kit everything works fine. Switching to a 64 bit kit causes this issue. I am able to run a console application with the 64bit kit.!
    cde8c4bb-4466-47d4-907d-837b24ca85be-image.png
    22bdf896-a411-446c-a0bb-c5fc01ca7427-image.png

Trying to run in debug mode does not help. The debugger exits and the app never appears. I'm not sure what could be the issue. Thanks in advance.

• @ChiefGeo Try to run the exe outside Qt Creator.
    Simpliest way: copy the exe to Qt bin dir and double click to run it.
    Sometimes you'll get infomation about what problems cause the crash.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@ChiefGeo Do you have anti virus software running?

• @jsulm The only antivirus protection I have on is under Windows security. I turned that off, relaunched the app and it fails the exact same way still.

• Any word on this?

• @ChiefGeo Try to run the exe outside Qt Creator.
    Simpliest way: copy the exe to Qt bin dir and double click to run it.
    Sometimes you'll get infomation about what problems cause the crash.

• @Bonnie Thanks for the advice. After doing what you instructed I found that my Qt5Gui.dll was corrupted (maybe a few others also). Reinstalling Qt from scratch has fixed the issue. Thanks!